Water is indispensable resource for life, food production, commercial and economic development and preservation of the environment and ecosystem services. Too little, too much, too dirty and non-liveable water will cause danger for the safety and quality of people’s lives, environment and ecosystem services and biodiversity. Further, water is also an important sources of clean and renewable energy. Hydropower is so far the only “green battery” to balance the intermittent renewable energy types and make the grid system stable and reliable. Therefore, our focal activities will be on Water-Energy-Environment nexus, contribution to the UN’s Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
Focal areas of CSDI:
- Integrated stormwater management.
- Hydropower and renewable energy
- Water environmental technologies and ecosystem services
- Rehabilitation and repairing of concrete hydraulic structure failures
Integrated stormwater management
- Urban hydrology
- Hydrological and hydraulic models
- Flood Risk analysis and management
- Risk and vulnerability assessment of climate change and urbanization impacts
- Sustainable Blue-Green solutions and reuse of water resources: LIDs, BGs, Rainwater Harvesting (RWH), natural based solutions (NBSs)
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and sustainable management of water infrastructure
Our leading scientists: Linmei Nie
Hydropower and Renewable energy
- Hydrological modelling
- Hydropower and climate
- Hydropower and Environment Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Hydropower as a “green battery” for balancing the intermittent renewable energy (such as wind, solar power).
- Advanced Hydro turbine design
- Products driven by Solar energy (in collaboration with BBIC)
Our leading experts: Professor Ånund Killingtveit， Dr. Pingju Li; Dr. Qian Meng
Water environment technology and ecosystem service
- Water quality and pollution control
- Eco-hydrology and Eco-hydraulics
- Assessment of river habitats
- Rehabilitation and restoration of urban water systems
- River basin management
- Cultural environment and sustainability
Our scientist: Dr. Tong Chang
Rehabilitation and repairing concrete hydraulic structure failures
- SK Polyurea materials
- Laboratory testing
- Rehabilitation and repairing of hydraulic and hydropower and other type of concrete structures.
- Application and demonstration projects.
Leading expert: Prof. Zhiheng Sun
- Multiphysics simulation of water shock and impact
- Flooding and wave modelling
- Underwater explosions
- Materials and structures response to water damage
- Water disaster modelling
- CFD, FEA & FSI
Our leading expert: Prof. Mojtaba Moatamedi
- FutureHydro, 2013-2015.
- ClimaVA, 2015-2016.
Software tools and demonstration
- Hydrology modelling
- Urban flooding
- Green roof
Linmei Nie, Lin Zhang. 2018. Technical solutions on water pollution control and drinking water safety (Abstract) (poster). The 11th Nordic Drinking Water Conference, 11-13.06.2018, Oslo, Norway.
- PhD. Thesis
- Master thesis