Water is indispensable resource for life, food production, commercial and economic development and preservation of the environment and ecosystem services. Too little, too much, too dirty and non-liveable water will cause danger for the safety and quality of people’s lives, environment and ecosystem services and biodiversity. In addition, water is also an important source of clean and renewable energy. Hydropower is so far the only “green battery” to balance the intermittent renewable energy types and make the grid system stable and reliable. Therefore, our focal activities will be on Water-Energy-Environment nexus, contribution to the UN’s Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
Focal areas (click to view details):
- Integrated stormwater management.
- Hydropower and renewable energy
- Water environmental technologies and ecosystem services
- Rehabilitation and repairing of concrete hydraulic structure failures
- Data, digitalization, and multi-physics modelling
- Urban hydrology
- Hydrological and hydraulic models
- Flood Risk analysis and management
- Risk and vulnerability assessment of climate change and urbanization impacts
- Sustainable Blue-Green solutions and reuse of water resources: LIDs, BGs, Rainwater Harvesting (RWH), natural based solutions (NBSs)
Our leading scientist: Linmei Nie
Team members: PhD candidate Mihn Tuan Bui
Hydropower and Renewable energy
- Hydrological modelling
- Hydropower and climate
- Hydropower and Environment Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Hydropower as a “green battery” for balancing the intermittent renewable energy (such as wind, solar power).
- Advanced Hydro turbine design
- Products driven by Solar energy (in collaboration with BBIC)
Leading expert: Professor Ånund Killingtveit.
Team members: Dr. Pingju Li. Dr. Qian Meng.
Water environment technology and ecosystem services
- Water quality and pollution control
- Eco-hydrology and Eco-hydraulics
- Assessment of river habitats
- Rehabilitation and restoration of urban water systems
- River basin management
- Cultural environment and sustainability
Leading scientist: Professor Dr. Jinmei LU
Team members: Dr. Tong Chang.
Rehabilitation and repairing concrete hydraulic structure failures
- SK Polyurea materials
- Laboratory testing
- Rehabilitation and repairing of hydraulic and hydropower and other type of concrete structures.
- Application and demonstration projects.
Leading expert: Prof. Zhiheng Sun; Dr. Svein Willy Danielsen.
Team member: Quansheng Sheng
Data, digitalization and multi-physics modelling
- Data acquisition, assimilation, and management
- Big data, machine learning and advanced analysis
- Multi-physics modelling
- Materials and structures modelling to water damage
- Water disaster modelling
- CFD, FEA & FSI
Leading expert: Dr. Pingju Li
Team members: Dr. Qian Meng, Dr. Hao Wang.
PhD Candidate: Minh Tuan Bui and Sujan Maharjan
- Waste2Fresh, 2020-2023
- ENRICH, 2021 – 2023.
- DISCO, 2020 – 2021.
- RainSolutions, 2019
- Zhaotong Urban Flood Risk Management System, 2017-2018
- ClimaVA, 2015-2016
- FutureHydro, 2013-2015
- Previous projects
Our research and projects are developed based on the following software tools
We offer the following services:
- Facilitate the participation in European, Norwegian and Chinese research & innovation projects and networks
- Bridging the partnership and contacts with potential customers and partners in China, Norway and Europe, and mutual visiting
- Support research, marketing and business development language assistance, including English, Norwegian and Chinese
- Organise relevant training courses and events
Jobs & Career
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in Rainwater Harvesting, education in urban water system, stormwater management, hydrological and hydraulic modelling, implementation of LID or Green Infrastructure solutions, Master or PhD degree, preferably with consulting or practical experience in these areas.
Qualified candidates please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master &PhD students
Master and PhD students who are looking for career development and study topics in our focal areas, please Contact us.
Enterprise member & partnerships
- NHO for enterprise
- NHO-Abelia membership
- Norwegian Water
- Vannklyngen (Smart Water Norway).
- Norwegian Energy and Environment Consortium (NEEC).
- ENRICH-European Networks of Research and Innovation Centres and Hubs
- The Arctic University of Norway (UiT).
- Norwegian University of Life Science.
- The University of South-East Norway.
- Storm Aqua.